Why Tradional karate should be a top priority
Pick the kids up from the after school club, drop them off at swimming then rush home eat dinner quickly, back out again to Football or Dancing, Sound familiar?
Kids today are involved in more structured activities than ever before. Over-scheduled kids are often tired, less likely to eat healthy meals and have little time to develop their imaginations through free play. And rushing from one activity to another can put a strain on family life. That’s why it’s important for parents and kids to prioritise when choosing programs.
The first thing to consider when selecting an activity is what your child enjoys. No one is going to benefit from an activity if he or she has to be dragged to it. The second is to consider what your child will gain from participating in the activity. Here’s where traditional Karate stands out. Beyond getting muscles moving and hearts pumping, karate also:
- Reduces anxiety
- Develops focus and concentration
- Teaches peaceful conflict resolution
- Instructs a child how to benefit from failure and mistakes
- Shows the benefits of self-discipline
- Empowers a child to protect herself
- Builds self-awareness skills
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Teaches self-respect
- Shows a child how to avoid, remedy, mediate and manage bullying situations
- Teaches the importance of setting goals
- Develops fine and gross motor skills, spatial skills and socialization skills
- Teaches stranger awareness (not stranger fear)
- Builds self-control
Can your child’s after school activity do that? To learn more about how martial arts give children a winning advantage, Check out our unique Lil Dragons and Junior Karate programs held across Tameside at our three locations in Stalybridge, Dukinfield and Ashton. You’ll see how martial arts build not only strong bodies, but strong minds too. Now that’s a worthwhile activity!
Times vary at each of our Dukinfield, Stalybridge and Ashton dojos so click here for training times and find out more about our traditional Karate sessions from age 3 and a half upwards!